Locations: Itinerary decided by you! Meet up with your guide at the location of your choice (hotel, airport, or cruise port) and begin with a discussion of which attractions you want to visit.
Start Time: 8 a.m.
- A lunch: local food tasting.
- Commented visits by a professional tour guide.
- Guadeloupe history and culture along the way.
- Encounters with local craftsmen and guides.
- A swimming in our island’s turquoise water or in one of our refreshing rivers.
- Please call to setup the meeting location
- Minimum of 4 people are required for this activity to take place. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, You will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years (please bring your ID)
La Grande-Terre, the east wing of the butterfly island, accounts for most of Guadeloupe’s population. It is a limestone plateau surrounded by coral reef. Its surface is a series of rolling hills (les Grands Fonds), white sand beaches and cliffs. It shelters the majority of Guadeloupe’s farmlands and tourist resorts. The windblown shores of the east side are a big draw for surfers and kiteboarders, while the southern beaches, with their white sand and calm waters, are where most of the hotels, villas, restaurants and clubs are located.
You will meet up with your guide at the location of your choice (hotel, airport or cruise port) and begin with a discussion of which attractions you want to visit. Together, you can plan an itinerary that encompasses all of the must-see landmarks and highlights according to your group’s interests. Throughout the day, you’ll get personalized attention from your guide and enjoy the chance to ask plenty of questions.
The suggested itinerary is as follows:
- Morne-à-l’Eau cemetery for pictures
- Anse du Souffleur Beach for a swim
- Pointe de la grande vigie for pictures (the Castles Headland is a protected place, famous for the wild beauty of its scenery reminiscent of Brittany)
- Porte d’enfer Anse Bertrand (Contrary to what its name implies, Hell’s Door, located on the north coast of Grande-Terre island in the municipality of Anse-Bertrand, marks the entrance to a truly heavenly place nestling in an exceptional natural setting: a turquoise lagoon, calm and peaceful, protected by tall cliffs and enclosed by coral reefs)
- The Damoiseau Rum Distillery
- Lunch at a traditional restaurant
- Pointe des châteaux (Very famous tourist site in Guadeloupe. A cross, which has been placed on a mound, dominates the surroundings and faces the sea on this steep coastline. A very attractive walk along the sea and the chance to discover the plant and animal life, the landscapes and coves.)