Would you like to find an exciting activity in the wild environment of Guadeloupe? Enjoy a 5 hours excursion in nature in the river of Ravine Chaude, south of Basse Terre.
Departure Time: 8 a.m.
Inclusions: Local guide
Exclusions: Lunch transportation
Guadeloupe Hike at La Soufrière Volcano
You meet up with your guide at Les Bananes Vertes guest house in Saint-Claude at 8 am, then the group drives up to the volcano trail departure point. Starting from the Yellow Baths (Les Bains Jaunes), the hike with a professional mountain guide takes you to the top in about two to three hours. They tell you all about the history of the place, the fauna and flora, and even some volcanology. Relevant and informative, these comments delight novices.
The sulfur smell, very characteristic of the volcano, adds a special connotation in this adventure that visitors are not likely to forget! Along the way, on a clear day, you can enjoy remarkable views of the coast of Basse-Terre and the Caribbean Sea. It also boasts beautiful plantlife full of superb colours, which varies as you ascend the hill and can be admired during the course of your walk.
On the way back, you enjoy the warm Bains Jaunes (spring water pool naturally heated by the volcano) to relax your muscles after a long but scenic Guadeloupe Islands volcano hike!
The Tour Includes the Following:
- Commented visits by a professional tour guide.
- Guadeloupe history and culture along the way.
- Lunch is not included
- Please call to setup the meeting location
- Minimum of one person is required for this activity to take place. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- You will need hiking shoes and water for the hike